I helped build and maintain the front-end for apple.com across several redesigns.
Front-End Web Development
- Pixel Perfect Implementation
- I can reproduce design comps in code at such a high fidelity that overlaying the coded site and the original design reveals no differences.
- Responsive Web Design
- For years, I have advocated using CSS media queries and mobile-first patterns to target all screen sizes from a single responsive codebase.
- Styleguide Driven Development
- I've found that developers can better collaborate with designers by building a living library of reusable components that acts as a shared visual vocabulary.
- Accessibility and Inclusively
- To accommodate all users, including those with screen readers, I implement semantic markup with ARIA tags, and I keep in mind issues like color contrast.
AppleI built pixel-perfect interfaces to support product launches, campaigns, and transactions on apple.com. I created a living styleguide and architected the transition of the UI codebase to SMACSS (Scalable & Modular Architecture) style and a more modern build stack. I received extensive training on web accessibility best practices.
iostudioI helped develop nationalguard.com, the first website of any branch in the U.S. military to go responsive, and among the first government sites to do so. I worked closely with designers to address visual issues that arose across multiple mobile and tablet screen sizes.